29. huhtikuuta 2022

Ferruginous Duck. 28.4.2022

 Yesterday after day at work I started to rive towards Salo, and lake Omeno at there. During the day I got messages of Ferruginous Duck from that place and it was a new species for in in Finland. 

Finally clock was 15 to four and I left. In an hour I arrived and short walk to the site. Bird was hiding and it was seen about an hour before I arrived. People told that there is a flock of Common Pochards behind the reeds and the bird was seen with those. 

So we all waited and waited. At least four local Red-throated Divers, Tufted Ducks, White-tailed Eagle, Marsh Harrier and around 20 Common Pochards before my target bird came and showed it´s typical features like white eye, white under tail,  mahogany-brown head and darker back. Very handsome male bird it was! 

Here is a very poor record shot of the bird. distance was some hundred meters, so nothing good even this time. 

Ferruginous Duck.

Here is a link to my video of the bird --> Ferruginous Duck

Anyway bird was my species number #350 in Finland! Nice number and 50 more to go to my target. Some easy birds still missing. 

-Tom 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti