28. huhtikuuta 2022

Lifer 19.4.2022

 I was working when I noticed a message of Black-necked Grebe from Munkkiniemi, Helsinki! One of those species I have waited pretty long time to get to my list. I left after half past three and drove straight to the place where the bird was seen. 

I always have my telescope and binoculars at my car. I walked from the parking lot and I met few people who said that the bird was still there. Great! I met small group watching the bird but it was very far a way. I continued and finally found a bigger group and they told me where to watch. Bird was sleeping most of the time, but finally showed those awesome looking ear-feathers. 

Many people visited the site and it was nice to see Matias Castrén after a long time. Also some Great-crested Grebes and first Caspian Tern for the year. 

Here is a poor record shot of the bird.. 

Poor poor shot of the Black-necked Grebe.


-Tom  

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti