28. huhtikuuta 2022

Slow day at Vanhankaupunginlahti 22.4.2022

 I had finally a day off during the weekdays, so I dropped kids to daycare and headed to Vanhankapunginlahti. Sun was shining and weather was beautiful. I first stopped at Keinumäki tower, and I met few people there. We got message of Black Kite, but it´s route went little bit too North, so no luck with that... We had One migrating Black-throated Diver, but nothing else too exiting. 

Next and final stop was at Hakala tower. I spend almost six hours there, but the migration never really started that day. Two Black Kites were informed from Espoo flying East, but both went from North side too.. I had two migrating Rough-legged Buzzards, some local migrants like Greenshank, Common Ringed Plover, Showeler, three Great-white Egrets and that was basically it. Hunting Osprey gave us some good show, at least three different Marsh Harriers around. Basic spring species. 

Here is few photos from the day.



Rough-legged Buzzard with some Hooded Crows.

Female Marsh Harrier.

Osprey.

Another Rough-legged Buzzard. 

I was almost at the car when I heard Lesser-spotted Woodpecker calling near by and I found a pair chasing each others, so maybe they are breeding this year near by there. Female had ring, but my photo was not good enough to get the info from it. 

Male Lesser-spotted Woodpecker sleeping.

Female. 

Good day, but I was expecting more. Maybe later.. 

-Tom

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti