4. huhtikuuta 2022

very cold spring birding with Tyron. 3.4.2022

 Yesterday I met Tyron at the Kallahti car park. I was there first and while waiting him I saw my first Common Kestrel of the year and small flock of Grey Herons flying around. 

After he arrived we walked around the cape Kallahti. Lots of Long-tailed Ducks, some Common Eiders, Cormorants, Common, Black-headed and Herring Gulls, Goosanders, one Red-breasted Merganser, Stock Doves, Bean Geese, Greater White-fronted Geese and other common stuff. Female Black Woodpecker was showing nicely and let us tae some photos of her self. 

Our main target was pair of Bewick´s Swans. These birds have been around the area almost a month soon and this time we saw them easily, but not on photographic distance.. Anyway new bird for Tyron and always a good species here in Helsinki. 

Female Black Woodpecker.

Distant Bewick´s Swan.


After Kallahti we drove to Mellunmäki where most likely the same Great Grey Owl is spending time and sunbathing all day long. It was very easy to find, cause about 40 photographers around the area. Bird was sitting on a branch and looked pretty bored. We spend 20 minutes and then we left. I dropped Tyron back to Kallahti and I was already going back home when I got message of Grey Wagtail from Viikki sewage pools. I was about 5 min drive away, so easy decision to take next exit and drive there.

"I see you" 

King of the taiga forests. 

"nah, this is boring." 


When I arrived bird was hiding somewhere, but in 20 minutes somebody found it walking at the most far end of the pool. I had troubles to find it, but finally it showed properly. Very poor record shot here.

Female Grey Wagtail. 

Great day with good company, nice birds and sunny winter weather. I really hope that spring will start soon. Birds are not moving and it has been notable minus degrees numbers almost daily.. Not cool dude.

-Tom


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti